In this blog, JO ANN Schneider Farris, shares tips, tricks, and everything she knows about inline skating.

About JO ANN Schneider Farris

My photo
United States
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

About.com Figure Skating Headlines

Saturday, May 5, 2007

History of Inline Skating

About.com Figure Skating Guide, Jo Ann Schneider Farris, Wearing Her First Rollerblades in 1987

Rollerblades 1987 Close-Up Photo
Ever since I was a child, I've been fascinated with the idea of skating on wheels, but skating on traditional quad roller skates was not easy for me. I wished that someone would invent a skate that was easier to skate on. As soon as Rollerblades were invented, I bought a pair.......I own one of the original pairs of three-wheeled Rollerblades! For me, Rollerblading was easier than quad skating and I've been hooked ever since.

Inline skating was originally called "Rollerblading" since Rollerblade, Inc. was the only maker of inline skates at first. Did you know that two ice hockey players invented Rollerblades?

Further Reading:




JO ANN Schneider Farris

Happy Skating!

From JO ANN Schneider Farris - About.com Figure Skating Guide





About.com Figure Skating Guide, Jo Ann Schneider Farris, Wearing Her First Rollerblades in 1987 - Rollerblades 1987 Close-Up Photo - Jo Ann Schneider Farris Personal Photos



No comments: