In this blog, JO ANN Schneider Farris, shares tips, tricks, and everything she knows about inline skating.

About JO ANN Schneider Farris

My photo
United States
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

About.com Figure Skating Headlines

Friday, May 4, 2007

Inline Skating Helped Me Learn to Ride a Bike!

About.com Figure Skating Guide, Jo Ann Schneider Farris, Inline Skating
About.com Figure Skating Guide, Jo Ann Schneider Farris, Bike RidingSome people may think that bike riding and inline skating are very different sports, but I don't agree. You see, inline skating helped me learn to ride a bike as an adult.

When I was a child, I was in a horrible bike accident and did not attempt to ride a bike again.

About twenty years passed and I took up inline skating. Inline skating gave me alot of confidence and I became quite good at it. Although I could jump and spin on in-line skates, skate quite well on my in-line hockey skates, skate ski, and even do sit spins in ice hockey skates, I still was sure that I could not ride a bike!

The years continued to pass and I really wanted to ride a bike. I envied all the little kids on my street that rode their bikes up and down the street and I wanted to be able to take a bike ride with my own children. Well, one day, I decided to try riding a bike. I went to Walmart and pulled out a little kid's bicycle and in minutes, I was riding around the store!

So...inline skating gave me the confidence to try something I thought I could never do again. Thanks to the amazing things that in-line skates can do, I feel I can do anything!

Do you have a story to tell about how inline skating boosted your confidence or changed your life? Please share your story in the comment section of this post.




JO ANN Schneider Farris

Happy Skating!

From JO ANN Schneider Farris - About.com Figure Skating Guide



About.com Figure Skating Guide, Jo Ann Schneider Farris, Inline Skating and Bike Riding

Jo Ann Schneider Farris Personal Photos

No comments: