In this blog, JO ANN Schneider Farris, shares tips, tricks, and everything she knows about inline skating.

About JO ANN Schneider Farris

My photo
United States
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

About.com Figure Skating Headlines

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

How to Use the Restroom With Skates On

Toilet Skating
I have a funny story to tell. A few months ago, I bought a new pair of skates. I was not quite used to the new wheels on my feet and as I stood up after using toilet, I fell right back down on it! Ouch! Yes, it takes some practice to use "the facilities" with skates on.

Tips For Using the Restroom on Skates:


  • If possible, hold on to something as you squat down.
  • Point your toes together so you don't roll away.
  • Lean a bit forward as you sit down and get up.
  • Be aware that you are taller with skates on and that means the toilet is lower!


Further Reading:





JO ANN Schneider Farris
Happy Skating!

From JO ANN Schneider Farris - About.com Figure Skating Guide


"Toilet Skating" Cartoon by Los Angeles Artist and Quad Roller Skater Michael Lee - Courtesy of Kathie Fry, Skatelog.com

No comments: