In this blog, JO ANN Schneider Farris, shares tips, tricks, and everything she knows about inline skating.

About JO ANN Schneider Farris

My photo
United States
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

About.com Figure Skating Headlines

Monday, July 23, 2007

Share Inspiring Inline Skating Stories

Dan Farris and Mike Farris - Wheelchair SkatingI don't usually share personal stories, but today, I have a personal story to share. About two years ago, my husband was in a horrible accident. He was confined to a wheelchair for about nine months. I didn't believe he'd ever walk again, and of course, I did not expect him to skate again. In this photo, my brother-in-law is attempting inline skating for the first time while pushing my husband in a wheelchair. The photo was taken in December of 2005.


Since the photo was taken, little by little, my husband's body and feet have healed. He did walk again, but skating was not something he would try. When our family went skating, he'd sit and watch. Yesterday, we encouraged him to try to skate again. He wanted to try and skated for about two hours! I expect this is only the beginning for my husband. His trying to do something he thought he could not do will help him to try other things.

Do you have a similar story to share? Were you afraid to give inline skating a try? Did you try it? What has inline skating done to inspire or change your life? Please share your own stories.

JO ANN Schneider Farris
Happy Skating!

From JO ANN Schneider Farris - About.com Figure Skating Guide


Dan Farris and Mike Farris - Wheelchair Skating
Photo © Copyright JO ANN Schneider Farris


No comments: