In this blog, JO ANN Schneider Farris, shares tips, tricks, and everything she knows about inline skating.

About JO ANN Schneider Farris

My photo
United States
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

About.com Figure Skating Headlines

Monday, August 27, 2007

Share Crazy Skating Stories

Stroller Skating
Once I decided to take the gondola to the top of Vail Mountain (in the summer) and skate down. I kept hearing, "You must be crazy!" Well, I admit it, inline skating down Vail Mountain in the summer did not go well. Then, there was the time that I drove my car with my skates on! That wasn't a very successful venture.....my son tried to ride his bike with his skates on and had better luck...

Dog Skating
I've taken my dog skating. I've put my shoes in a stroller and pushed the stroller and baby successfuly while skating, but lost my shoes in the process. (A dog found my shoes and chewed them up!) I've passed out pamphlets on skates on the streets of New York and in San Francisco. I've pushed a wheelchair with a heavy adult in it and tried to skate. I've made cell phone calls and skated at the same time. I've tried to ride a scooter while wearing inline skates. I've played basketball on skates and jumped rope while wearing skates.

Some of my crazy and funny skating skating adventures have gone well; others have not. What amusing inline skating stories do you have to tell? Have you tried something adventuresome on skates? Please share your skating adventures and experiences in the comment section of this post.


JO ANN Schneider Farris Happy Skating!

From JO ANN Schneider Farris - About.com Figure Skating Guide


Crazy Skating Experiences: Stroller Skating and Dog Skating - Paintings Courtesy of Artist Larisa Gendernalik


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She iv ery crazy Skating Stories but her all style and outstanding performance all the best.