In this blog, JO ANN Schneider Farris, shares tips, tricks, and everything she knows about inline skating.

About JO ANN Schneider Farris

My photo
United States
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

About.com Figure Skating Headlines

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Heelys are Not Just for Kids

Heelys

Last summer, I decided walking was just too slow. I wished that I could wear my inline skates everywhere I went. I imagined going from "Point A" to "Point B" in just a few minutes. Well, I came up with a great alternative.....I bought a pair of Heelys. In fact, I bought Heelys for my entire family and now we roll and glide everywhere! One of my favorite things to do is to push a grocery shopping cart around a supermarket and to glide through the shopping aisles....

Heelys are a bit different than traditional inline skates, since there is only one wheel embedded in the heel of a sneaker-type shoe. "Heeling" is the technique used - the wearer can scooter, glide, roll, and skate a bit. Most Heelys' wearers find it very thrilling to glide down small hills in their Heelys. Heelys are allowed in many places that don't allow inline skates. Remember, you don't have to be a kid to enjoy Heelys!


  • Heelys




JO ANN Schneider Farris

Happy Skating!

From JO ANN Schneider Farris - About.com Figure Skating Guide





Heelys - About.com Pricegrabber Shopping Image

No comments: