In this blog, JO ANN Schneider Farris, shares tips, tricks, and everything she knows about inline skating.

About JO ANN Schneider Farris

My photo
United States
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

About.com Figure Skating Headlines

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Safeway Supermarket Bans WALKING in Heelys

Heelys - Rebel  ModelRecently, I WALKED inside a Safeway supermarket and was told to remove the wheels that are embedded inside my Heelys shoe as I entered the store. I explained that my Heelys are not the kind of Heelys that allow wheels to be removed and only some Heelys have that feature. I explained that Heelys are allowed in many places that don't allow inline skates and I've been shopping for over a year at other Safeways with my Heelys on.

I was told that if I could not remove the wheels from my Heelys, that I would not be able to shop in the store. I was WALKING, not rolling. I'm an adult. I do not believe that I was treated fairly. What are your thoughts? Please share your opinion in the comment section of this post.

Further Reading:


  • Heelys




JO ANN Schneider Farris
Happy Skating!

From JO ANN Schneider Farris - About.com Figure Skating Guide



About.com Figure Skating Guide, JO ANN Schneider Farris, Wears the Heelys Rebel Model
Two Wheels are Embedded in Each Shoe
About.com Pricegrabber Shopping Image

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's another supermarket in your town, right?

I follow a hard policy here- if they don't allow Heelys, I don't allow them my money.