In this blog, JO ANN Schneider Farris, shares tips, tricks, and everything she knows about inline skating.

About JO ANN Schneider Farris

My photo
United States
Jo Ann Schneider Farris has participated in skating for most of her life as a competitor, coach, and author.

About.com Figure Skating Headlines

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Roller to Ice Skating = Ice to Inline Skating

Quad Roller Skates

Inline Skates Roller skaters who are used to skating on traditional quad roller skates have an easy time transitioning to ice, but ice skaters have a terrible time getting used to skating on traditional quad roller skates.

Figure Skating Guide, JO ANN Schneider Farris - Ice SkatingThe good news is that ice skaters usually have no trouble with inline skating. So, if you can ice skate, you can inline skate and if you can inline skate, you can ice skate.

My own story is an example of this. I began ice skating as a young child. I tried to take up quad roller skating in my teens. I could do it, but found that the ease of ice skating just didn't transfer to traditional quad roller skates. When Rollerblades came out, I took to them right away. A few years later I found I could do almost everything I could do on the ice on inline skates. I've also seen roller skaters switch to ice with ease and I've seen inline skaters ice skate instantly.

To sum things up, skating is skating and inline skating makes it possible for more people than ever before to enjoy skating on wheels.



JO ANN Schneider Farris
Happy Skating!

From JO ANN Schneider Farris - About.com Figure Skating Guide


Photos of Traditional Quad Roller Skates and Inline Skates, About.com Pricegrabber Shopping Images
Photo of About.com Figure Skating Guide, JO ANN Schneider Farris on Ice Skates, Photo Copyright © JO ANN Schneider Farris


No comments: